The Institute Pragati Mitra Mandal was started in the year 1953 with a purpose of playing cricket among friends with intentions to create brotherly atmosphere among the various religion of the society and to help each other in a needy time. Slowly the Sports activity was sidelined and more and more social activities were started.
In the third Decade, the institute has diversified its activities from sports to Social, Educational and cultural activities. More focus was given towards youth’s development. Helping student community by giving school books, college books, and uniforms, Scholarship etc., Arranging Essay, Elocutions and Drawing Competition.
There after activities were widened towards servicing the needy people of the society by helping them in cash or kind, by providing a basic need of life, like Electricity, Water Supply, Clothing and subsidized food grain, Medicines etc. As the time passes this activities could not be restricted only for the students but it became activity for all age group between 5 to 75 years or more. Activities for the different age group were divided into following groups keeping aims and object of the trust in mind.
AIMS AND OBJECT OF THE INSTITUTE
- To Promote the feeling of brotherhood in the society.
- To help the needy class of society.
- To educate the masses for civil responsibilities.
- To provide free uniform to the students of municipal school.
- To provide free medical help to the needy and poor families.
- To provide subsidies food grains to poor families every month.
- To conduct free medical check-up Camps & Financially assist in eye operations, dialysis, X-ray costs etc.
- To assist student’s community in their education, social and cultural activities by giving them free notebooks and textbooks, cultural assistance and computer education at confessional rate.
- To provide and conduct various scheme and projects of social welfare for the slum dwellers.
- To provide water, electricity and sanitary facilities in under developed slum areas by constructing latrines/and providing water and electricity connections.
- To promote literary activities in Gujarati and Marathi languages.
- To promote sports activities for youth
- Prerana means - inspiration,
- Pragati means - Progress and
- Pravruti means - activities